What is a Fabriq Pavilion?
- a free standing structure whose architecture is designed to be an object of beauty, pleasure and relaxation.
- a tensile structure which is typically characterized by a tensioning of a fabric membrane to create a lightweight shelter
- a permanent structure constructed of Tenara fabric (15 year guaranteed lifespan), polished steel, glass and wood
- an accessory structure, incidental, detached, and subordinate to the principal building on the property that requires a permit
- an architectural showpiece which adds a sculptural aesthetic to the property
- a sculptural, livable work of art that lends itself to a myriad of uses for commercial, residential and corporate property owners
- a real property investment that will increase in value over time
What are the benefits of a fabric roof?
- fabric roof provides a tent like quality, placing inhabitants in close proximity to nature
- the high degree of light transmission provides shade without making the space gloomy.
- while the Tenara Fabric lets in 19% of the light, the rest is reflected, keeping the interior cool even in hot weather
- both the interior and exterior of the fabric are self cleaning and easy to maintain.
- at night, dramatic lighting can turn a structure into a work of art and a signature architectural landmark.
- spectacular effects can be achieved with lights of changing colors and patterns.
- SEFAR® Architecture TENARA® Fabric is part of an environmentally responsible approach to architecture.
- TENARA® fabric is extremely durable and will not degrade during its long service life. It is free from odor and chemically inert.
How does Fabriq Pavilion fare in severe weather?
- FABRIQ Paviion can be heated and cooled
- permanent fabric roofs used for the Denver Airport which experiences extremely cold weather
- the world’s largest permanent fabric roof exists at the Hajj Aiirport in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which experiences extreme heat.
- wind loading capabilities range from 85 mph to 150 mph (which requires upgraded roof arch).
What are some of Fabriq’s architectural innovations?
- the fabric roof is comprised of Tenara Fabric presently used for the Wimbledon’s Tennis Centre Court retractable roof
- two triangular side window walls with frameless windows made operable via center pivoted stainless steel spider fittings
- 16’ ceramic fritted cathedral window in the back of the structure provides protection from heat and view
- architectural grade Douglas fir glu lam support beam that spans the width and height of the structure
- curved glass entry with a center door and two floor to ceiling pivot panels
- Fabriq’s two side window walls and curved glass entry provide a 180 degree view through the front of the structure
What is the design, permitting and installations process?
- initial meeting and property inspection, discuss decking, amenities
- virtual renderings will assist visualizing completed design
- architect retained, creates site and construction documents
- apply for permit
- permit obtained, order is placed to suppliers, manufacturers
- schedule 3 week installation
- final inspection/owner approval
- 9 month or more process depending on permitting process
What is Fabriq’s asking price and what does it include?
The initial offering price for a FABRIQ Pavilion is $692,307.
The acquisition price includes initial design, planning and permitting assistance followed by the manufacture, assembly and installation of your FABRIQ Pavilion. The completed installation encompasses the 576 sq. ft. footprint of FABRIQ Pavilion. Surrounding decking and amenities are the responsibility of the client.
Where is Fabriq Pavilion made?
Fabric Roof – Sefar AG Architecture, the company that produces the Tenara fabric for FABRIQ’s roof is headquartered in Heiden, Switzerland and maintains manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For U.S. clients, your roof will be manufactured in St. Petersburg, Florida and shipped to Eide Structures in Cerritos, California for fabrication (custom cut for FABRIQ). From there they will be shipped to the customer’s site.
Glu Lam Beam – The standard architectural grade Douglas flu lam beam will be manufactured by Weyerhouser in one of the U.S. facilities. The 19’ glulam beam which spans the height and width of the structure has been designed in two sections which allows for ease in shipping.
Glass Walls, Entry – The innovative glass walls and front entry are manufactured in China and then shipped to the U.S. This process is overseen by Global Architectural Systems of Los Angeles, who will also oversee the installation.
Stainless Steel Spider Fittings, Window Fixtures – these may be ordered from a variety of companies located in Canada, China or India.
Are there customization options?
There are several options for the FABRIQ owner to personalize their FABRIQ Pavilion. Some options may or may not require an additional expenditure
- 16 ft. Rear Window Wall – comes standard with small snowy white circular frits. There are a myriad of other designs available upon request. Another option custom stained glass design, add company logos or personal crests, art, etc.
- Flooring – There are a wide array of flooring options that range from stamped concrete, to a wide array of woods, tiles, composites or marble
- Spider Fittings and glass fixtures – The stainless steel fittings can be gold plated to add additional luxe and glamour.
- Douglas fir glulam beam can be special ordered to include a wide array of woods.
- There are a myriad of interior and exterior lighting options.
- Ceiling fans can be installed in combination with lighting.
- Custom made window coverings can be designed and installed.
What are the benefits for a commercial operation?
There are a variety of applications that will attract guests and generate revenues. By maintaining a storage facility nearby, a variety of uses can be employed throughout the day, week or month.
- private parties
- wine tastings
- business symposiums
- yoga classes
- massage studio
- Sunday services
FABRIQ wedding experience – the potential revenue from venue fees alone can easily pay for the cost of owning a FABRIQ Pavilion. Revenue fees range can from $10,000 to $20,000 depending on the venue and the wedding experience.
Example 1. Commercial Loan Obtained to Finance Acquisition
- Commercial Loan obtained to $1,000,000 to Install Fabriq Pavilion.
- Zero Down, 5.5% for 20 years
- $6,879 monthly payments, $82,450 annual payments
Potential Revenue from Venue Fees
10 weddings @ $10,000 = $100,000
10 weddings @ $15,000 = $150,000
10 Weddings @ $20,000 = $200,000
* not included are additional revenues: wine, drinks, food, etc.
© Copyright FABRIQ Pavilion 2017